Let’s talk babies! I love newborns, and I love newborn sessions! But let’s face it, your life just got a lot busier. You’re learning about this new human that you’re responsible for and sleep. What’s that?
My goal for every newborn session is to capture moments with your new little one without causing you additional stress or worry. Expect your session to be relaxed and fun.
Here are a few tips on what to expect during your session.
- Timing – I prefer to start newborn sessions around 10:00 am. Infants tend to be less fussy in the morning, and the light in your home is usually best at that time.
- Preparing your home – You just had a baby; let me worry about your house. When I arrive, I will spend a few moments looking for areas with the best light. Please don’t feel like you have to clean or tidy up. I can move items and tidy a small space if need be.
- Preparing your newborn – Your baby is perfect just the way he or she is! I prefer to start with your newborn in a plain white onesie. Feel free to change the baby’s outfit during the session. I recommend a full feeding 15-20 minutes before the session, but expect that your newborn may need another feed, as well as several diaper changes during the session.
- Siblings – This is a time of significant change for siblings. Many are used to being the only child. Siblings may want to be part of the session, or they may want nothing to do with it. I usually try to start the session with images involving siblings. Please don’t have any expectations or stress over how siblings act during the session.
- What to wear – I recommend neutral colors without busy prints or patterns. More importantly, if your clothes are comfortable, you will look comfortable.
Book your next session now!
Subscribe and become a VIP Insider for tips delivered right to your inbox!