What Should I Wear?
One of the questions I am asked most frequently by my clients is “What should we wear?” And it’s no wonder! Your photographs are an investment, and in addition to adorning the walls of your home and probably your Christmas card, they will be passed down for generations to come. It is understandable that you want to look your best! Here are a few tips here that I am hoping will help you feel less overwhelmed when it comes time to pick out your wardrobe for your next photo session.
Tips for looking your best in every photograph
- Wear what you are comfortable in. Being comfortable translates to ease and confidence in front of the camera.
- Long, flowing dresses always photograph well.
- Neutral colors work best. I believe that the focus of your photographs should be you, your family and the love and emotion between you. The focus should never be on what you are wearing. Choosing a wardrobe with grey, cream, beige and soft pastels will give you timeless images. Use caution with all white as it may make you look too pale. If you want to add in color, choose pale pastels. Red almost never photographs well.
- Small prints can be fun but avoid large stripes and prints.
- Think texture. Add a thick sweater or vest. Put on a few extra pieces of jewelry. Put a flower crown on your princess.
- Coordinating outfits work, but matching outfits often don’t. You don’t want to look back and your images and think “What were we wearing?”