Preparing for your session
So, the day is finally here for your Lifestyle Photography Session. Here are some tips to make this a day to remember and to capture moments that you will treasure forever.
How to Prepare the KIDS
- Make sure they are rested.
- Make sure they are fed!
- Tell them what we will be doing, and make it sound exciting!
- Make this exciting for them – consider a reward/something fun for afterward (never bring it out till the end).
- Let them be little! Just give them the grace to be little, and know I will capture their personalities no matter what.
How to Prepare MOM
- Make enough time to prepare on the day of your session, so you don’t feel rushed and anxious.
- Let go of your need for perfection. This is the biggest anxiety for most moms. It’s ok if your kids aren’t “perfect” during our time together.
- Don’t worry about your kids not giving me their “real smiles.” Most of the time, being told “not that smile, your REAL smile!” only makes it worse… So, don’t worry. I will work hard to get them laughing and will be sure to capture them at their best!
How to Prepare DAD
- Make sure he is rested and fed – Haha! But really… rested and fed applies to the grown-ups too!
- Show him a few of your favorite pictures from my blog/website so he can see the relaxed nature of my work. This will help him know what to expect.
- Let him know that the best thing he can do is to just enjoy his family- and let ME do the work. The pressure is off.
- Let him know how much this means to you, and that you’re glad he is willing to be such a team player for one hour! (You might have to reward him as well)