Preparing for your family session
all your questions answered
If you have never worked with a professional photographer before, it may be difficult to know what to expect. Will the kids cooperate? What should I bring? Will we get the perfect shot? I’m here to make sure your session is fun and stress-free.
Each session is as unique as your family. Storytelling sessions are designed to capture your family as it is right now. Whatever makes your family unique is what will be shown through your images. Through a simple questionnaire that I will have your answer, I can learn more about your family and customize your session, just for you!
Preparing for your session
Now that your session is booked, here are tips & tricks to make your session stress-free.
Choosing what to wear
There’s no need to stress about what to wear. Just come as you are. If your idea of fashion is jeans and matching socks, that’s okay. Maybe you’re more refined and never leave home without looking your best. That’s okay too. These images are about capturing your family exactly as you are.
But what about the kids?
Let’s face it; your session is likely to revolve around the kids!
What do I mean by this? Little ones are unpredictable, so it’s impossible to plan for everything. Kiddos need a snack? That’s okay! I’ll just keep shooting. After all, don’t you want to remember those dirty little faces?
Tips for making sure your kids are at their best
- Allow time at the beginning of the session for the kids to warm up.
- Make sure there are no hungry tummies.
- Plan sessions around nap time so little ones will be rested.
- Let them help pick out an outfit. They will be more comfortable. Don’t worry if they choose something you wouldn’t. Let them express themselves.
- The best way to ensure that your kids are at their best is to just relax and have fun.
What to bring to your session
Being prepared will help take the stress out!
So what do you need to bring? The honest answer is nothing, just show up. Whether it’s a home or outdoor family session, just come ready to be yourself.
- If the session is in your home, you already have everything you might need.
- If we’re doing an outdoor session, bring what your family loves. Bring your bike, bring a picnic, bring a football to toss around. You see where I’m going with this.
Session day is here!
Your big day is finally here! We will meet at the agreed upon location and time.
Sessions usually last an hour and there’s no need to rush. It usually takes a few minutes for us to get acquainted and comfortable with each other, especially if there are little ones.
Expect to laugh, dance, and have a fun-filled family outing!
Don’t worry if the kids are wild and crazy. I aim to capture your family, crazy kids, and all! I want you to look back at our time together and remember what a great time you had as a family.
Have peace of mind knowing you hired a professional and are in good hands.
“Families are the compass that guides us. They are the inspiration to reach great heights, and our comfort when we occasionally falter.”