Getting to Know Me
a few things you need to know about me
Hi, I’m Leigh Ann!
Fun facts about me
• I’m a wife to an amazingly supportive husband, David
• I’m a mom to our four wonderful children (ok, they are now adults) ranging in age from 21 to 34.
• I’m a Gigi to our 3-year-old granddaughter.
• I’m a dog mom to our Havanese, Mojito, and our Chihuahua, Fuzzy Navel.
• I’m a retired pediatric nurse practitioner
• I love listening to music and I’m likely the person jamming out and singing loudly in the car next to you.
• I read…..at the time. If I’m waiting for a client, I’m likely reading on my Kindle.
• I love to travel. I’d love to visit every country in the world. My bucket list trip is an African Safari.
• In addition to photographing people, I love taking photographs of my travels. In fact, I’m going to be offering some of my favorite travel photos in an online gallery.
Capturing authentic moments through lifestyle photography means the world to me
I believe in capturing families as they are. When you look at my images, you won’t see fancy poses or perfect smiles. What you will see is love, laughter, and connection.
I’m all for kids running, jumping, and well, just being kids. I want to help you remember them exactly as they are right now.
I want to capture you living your best life and give you images that represent real, authentic moments that will take you right back to that moment every time you look at them.
If you’re worried about the little ones getting dirty, not standing still, or not smiling on command, I’m might not be the right photographer for you, and that’s okay. But, if you’re ready to kick off your shoes, let your hair down, and maybe even get your feet wet, then we might be a perfect match.
Oakland Photographer, serving the entire Bay Area
But family is my world
I remember those years with little babies….like it was yesterday.
But it wasn’t yesterday. My daughter is now 34-years-old and has a daughter of her own. That’s right, I’m a grandma! But being around kids takes me right back …
At 21, I was freshly single with a 2-year-old daughter. I went to school to become a pediatric nurse to support us. I worked in the NICU, loving on babies and quite literally nursing them into life.
My life was crazy busy with school and work and I wasn’t thinking about documenting all that was happening. I didn’t realize that one day, my daughter might want to see the snapshots of who she was along the way. It’s why I do this now. All I want is to give you what I don’t have: tangible memories that show how connected you are in this season.
The years passed and I went on to get a master’s degree and became a Nurse Practitioner. I had a son and now have 4 wonderful children in our blended family. I’ve accomplished a lot that I’m proud of, but this journey into photography might be my favorite path yet.
From young mom…to nurse…to photographer…to Grandma!
“Normally I’m the one taking photos of everything. Sometimes we get busy and forget though. With Leigh Ann, I get to be present for the moments with my son and really experience the adventure and journey of it through seeing the moments she captures. I love that her photos trigger memories and feelings. My son will get to experience them for the rest of his life.”-Tien
I believe that…
but a photograph lasts a lifetime.
deserves to have their memories preserved for the next generation.
Tips for Fun Family Photography Sessions One of the best things about being a family photographer is getting to know all the different families I work with. I love hearing about their interests, hobbies, and what they like to do for fun. And, of course, I love...
Still looking for more information on Lifestyle Photography
Read the latest tips I have to offer in my blog.